English translation: Greater White
International identity number: Sp-03, Spleen 3
- Earth point of the Spleen meridian
- On the medial and proximal to the 1st. meta-tarso-phalangeal joint at the junction of the red and white skin.
- Perpendicularly 0.3-0.5 inch. Moxibustion is applicable.
- Strengthens the Spleen
- Resolves Damp and damp-heat
- Strengthens the spine
- Harmonises the Spleen and Stomach
- Regulates Qi
Tai Bai (Sp-03) is an important when we want to regulate digestive metabolism especially those with excess pathologies. You can use moxibustion on this point to treat Spleen Yang deficiency. You should also consider Tai Bai for abdominal distention, epigastric pain, constipation, dysentery, vomiting, diarrhea, borborygmus, sluggishness or heaviness in the body, muscle atrophy in the lower legs
James O’Sullivan from Galway is a credible and engaging speaker, a people friendly practitioner and lecturer of Integrated Medicine, serving his patients, his students and the public with the positive benefits of both Conventional Western Medicine and Traditional Chinese Medicine. He is a respected author and has appeared on many public media.