- English translation: Back Stream
International identity number: SI 03, Small Intestine 03
- Wood point of the Small Intestine channel
- Master point of the Du Mai (Governing vessel) with Shen Mai (Bl-62)
- Make loose fist, Point is on the Ulnar side, on the end of the transvease crease, proximal to the 5th. metacarpophalangel joint on the junction of the red and white skin.
- Perpendicular insertion 0.5 to 1 cun
- Eliminates interior Wind from Du Mai (Governing Vessel),
- Expels exterior Wind,
- Benefits the sinews,
- Resolves Dampness,
- Resolves jaundice,
- Clears the Mind,
- Treats malaria.
- Benefits the occiput, neck and back
- Activates the channel and alleviates pain
- Calms the spirit and treats epilepsy
- Clears heat and benefits the sensory orifices
Hou Xi (SI-03) is the opening point of the Yang Qiao Mai of the Eight Extraordinary Vessels, which may be the most ancient body energetic system.
Hou Xi (SI-03) is an exceptional point for neck and back issues when coupled with Bl 62. Shu-Stream points are where the Qi starts to pour down the meridian. They are known to alleviate heaviness and pain in the joints.
Hou Xi (SI-03) is effective in the treatment of headache with stiff neck. It can be used when there are red eyes, deafness, contracture of elbow.
Hou Xi (SI-03) is used to treat febrile diseases, night sweats, psychosis, epistaxis, paralysis of upper extremities. Hou Xi (SI-03) is prescribed for hypertension, hysteria, membrane on the eye, intercostal neuralgia, low back pain, lower limb neuralgia, jaundice, fullness in the chest, hand tremor, common cold, skin disease with itching, cold abscess.
It can be used successfully to treat pain in the scapula, arm and or hand, it is suggested to combine with local points.
Night sweats, combine with HT-06.
James O’Sullivan - that's me, a people friendly practitioner and lecturer of Integrated Medicine, serving my patients, my students and the public with the positive benefits of both Conventional Western Medicine and Traditional Chinese Medicine. #jamushur
Disclaimer: This article is not intended to diagnose or assess. The information provided is not to be considered a substitute for consultation with a qualified health care practitioner.