- English translation: Greater Stream
International identity number: K 03, Kd 03, Ki 03, Kid 03, Kidney 03
- Earth point of the Kidney channel
- In the depression between the medial malleolus and the tendo calcaneus, at the level with the tip of the medial malleolus.
- Perpendicular insertion 0.5 to 1 cun or connect with Bl-60
- Tonifies the Kidneys,
- Benefits Essence,
- Strengthens the lower back and knees,
- Regulates the uterus,
- Nourishes Kidney Yin and Clears deficiency heat
- Tonifies Kidney Yang
- Anchors the Qi and benefits the Lung
Tai Xi (Kid-03) is a unique point in that it strengthens the Kidney and as such it nourishes both Yin and Yang, which in turn nourishes all the Organs.
Tai Xi (Kid-03) is an important point to treat symptoms of Kidney Yin deficiency like, low grade sore throat that worsens with fatigue, constipation which is dry, headache and dizziness, chronic tooth decay due to lack of nourishment to the bones, loosening teeth, tinnitus or hearing loss.
Balance between Kidney and Heart is essential. Kidney water cools Heart fire, and Heart fire warms Kidney water. When the Kidneys and the Heart are in disharmony the Spirit is disturbed giving rise to insomnia, excessive dreaming, and poor memory. Heart and Kidneys in harmony gives one the Will to follow and act on what the Heart desires.
The Lungs and Kidney relationship is a strong one with the Lungs recognised as the ‘canopy’ and the Kidneys are the anchor. It is the Lungs function to breath in Qi and channel downwards to the Spleen where it blends with food and water, transformed into Qi and transported throughout the body. It is the Kidney’s function to grasp Lung Qi and guide it downwards. Kidney deficiency will give rise to breathlessness, coughing as Qi rebels upward, difficult breathing and Asthma.
In Traditional Chinese Medicine, all sexual functions derive from the Kidneys. In men, seminal fluid is seen to contain one’s essence. In women the Kidneys connect directly with the Uterus and ovaries and is the source of a woman’s essence which is lost through menstruation and childbirth. Tai Xi (Kid-03) is the point of choice for all manner of sexual dysfunction including, impotence, seminal emission, and sexual exhaustion.
Tai Xi (Kid-03) is chosen to treat Kidney disharmony, which manifests as chronic lumbar pain not associated with any physical trauma, weak and/or sore knees, dark circles under the eyes, propensity to fright and phobias.
- that's me, a people friendly practitioner and lecturer of Integrated Medicine, serving my patients, my students and the public with the positive benefits of both Conventional Western Medicine and Traditional Chinese Medicine. #jamushur
We have a very popular "live" online course starting soon especially to train you in the theory of Traditional Chinese Nutritional Therapy.
Going somewhere extremely nice
Disclaimer: This article is not intended to diagnose or assess. The information provided is not to be considered a substitute for consultation with a qualified health care practitioner.